Monday, June 23, 2008

Mga Kabayan, Here's Jesslee Cuizon (again!), One of TWO Winners of the 19th "Photographer of the Week!" Contest - 'DOF and BOKEH"

.

...

About The Winning Photo:

I've been doing street photography for two years now, and I do it during the day most of the time. But I've seen a lot of great street photography work here in Flickr and what amazes me most are the night shots. I'm impressed at how other photographers play with light, bokeh, and other technical aspects. Looking at these photos, I get inspired to try and do the same thing.

This is the reason why I decided to buy a fast prime lens. Just this month I got the Nikkor 85mm/f1.8. One day, I went out late in the afternoon to one busy district in Tokyo (Machida), and tried street night photography. And this (the winning photo) is one of the results. So far, I'm enjoying having this lens, and I know I still have to learn a lot.

=========================================

-- from recep-bg - (?)

Two-Time Winner Jesslee Cuizon aka Kalandrakas!

I am Jesslee Cuizon or "Kalandrakas," a word borrowed from Spanish which now means “messed up miscellany”. I'm a Cebuano currently working in Japan as an IT engineer. My friends describe me as a funny (most of the time, corny), outgoing and adventurous person. I'm a loyal UCnian having finished high school and college at the University of Cebu (BS in Information Technology).

Before, I was just a mere witness to a lot of things in the streets, all uncaptured. When I was still in Cebu, I used to go to office by jeepney and see a lot of children selling fruits in the streets, asking money in the middle of the highway; and I felt like I needed to do something...to tell these things to other people. This started the desire to have my own camera.

My first digital camera was a tiny Aiptek Slim 3200. Then, I got my Sony DSC-R1 last February 2006 and started getting a little serious about photography. Now, I'm using Nikon D80 with Nikkor 70-300mm VR and Nikkor 18-135mm lens.

Like most of you, I didn’t attend any photography workshops. What I do is read, read and read. There are a lot of amazing photographers, and they are just a "google" away. Flickr, of course, helps a lot.

If you can check my photostream, most of my photos are of people, and mostly candid. I love going out and taking photos of people. Danz in Tokyo inspires me more to do street photography. He has amazing street photos.

I really love street photography. I want to capture daily moments in the streets. For me, it is like telling stories. I do like to work in media and do what I love: photojournalism. I am more interested in social and environmental issues.

==========================

I am proud of these photos:

"why homeless people exist in japan"
why homeless people exist in japan

This photo shows that the homeless are everywhere in the world,
even in a well-developed country like Japan.

----------------------------------------------------

"gyaru"
..

Gyaru fashion is one of the most unique in the world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"awa odori"
awa odori

Awa Odori is one of the most popular festivals in Japan.

----------------------------------

"I really believe there are things nobody would see if I didn't photograph them" --Diane Arbus

********************************************************************
Interview article by © *DEE~
.

No comments: