Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mga Kabayan, Meet "i_am_bishop" and "budslife," The Two Winners of Contest #21, "EYE(S)!"

Co-Winner "i_am_bishop":

“What's up slick?”

What's up slick?

About The Winning Photo:

I took it at the Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife in Quezon Ave., in the Philippines.
It's a White-Breasted Sea Eagle. I tried to get in closer for the shot when it suddenly moved towards me... luckily I was able to click it.

=============================

Me, taken by my wife...

I am Edwin Calica Cacayorin, Jr., aka "i_am_bishop",
a lawyer by profession and a photo hobbyist.

Sometime in the summer of 2008, a friend, pro photographer
Bobbot Meru, encouraged me to try photography. So I did.

Currently, I use a Canon Rebel XTi with a standard kit lens
and a Sigma 70-300 DG APO.

There are a lot of photographers who influence my
photography style. Some of them are Farl, Soul101, doctony,
_rebekka, Dusko Almosa, dreadfuldan, araigordai, Kris Kros,
Stuck in Customs, i b u, lichtmaedel, sati k, scubapup,
sam_samantha, edgarjlaw, Barry Lu, The Scalpel Master
Sir Cam, Brilliant Shadow Photography, redsago, av producer
and practically most of my contacts.

Whatever photographic subjects there is, I’m interested
to shoot. I would have loved to photograph people but I’m
a bit concerned of invading their privacy.

Five years from now, I see myself doing photography
professionally.

===============


These are the three pictures which make me proud:

"Three-Leaf Clover"

Three-Leaf Clover

===============

"Interrupted"

Interrupted

===============

"Batang Gumasa"

Batang Gumasa


************************************************************************************
************************************************************************************

Co-Winner "budslife":

"Ant Lion"

Ant Lion Portrait

About The Winning Photo:

Gear used: D40x with 105mm and (KENKO) full extension tube 36mm+20mm+12mm.

Lighting used: SB 800 as commander 2 SB-R200 remote flash.

Exif Data: F 22 1/100s ISO 200 spot metering.

==============================================

buddy1

Thanks to all Kabayan!

My name is Buddy Venturanza, aka "budslife,"
and I work in Saudi Arabia as a Technical Engineer.

I love travel and adventure, especially scuba diving and hiking. I used to live in Caloocan City, Metro Manila, the Philippines.

A self-schooled photographer, I became a serious hobbyist from the first time -- back in 1997 -- that I saw the beauty of many things through my camera. To this day, I keep on taking pictures of different places and things to remember all my journeys by. But due to many priorities I didn't pay much attention to this hobby until I met one of my friends, Filan Ventic, in 2003. Filan and I work in the same company here in Saudi, and like me, he also has a huge interest in photography. He helped develop my interest in photography and I soon bought my very first digital camera, a Nikon D70s. Filan also introduced me to scuba diving, and helped me to discover the beauty of nature under the sea.

Aside from the D70s, I also have a D40x plus a few lenses; as well as an F-801s and a 2000 FCW Hasselblad 35mm film cameras.

My shooting friends are also the main influence in my photography, as we learn from each other by sharing ideas and techniques. Currently, I love taking macro, wildlife and underwater photos. I also enjoy sharing my photographs with others as I have found that, in life, there will always be room for improvement. I am interested in learning more about 3D animation, fashion and wedding photography, too.

I see myself, five years from now, still behind the lens capturing the moments and preserving different emotions, in all the different places that I have been to, in the hope that I can share these with other people who have not to seen them.

-------------------------------------------------

Three photos that I like:

This image defines my underwater explorations that allow me to share the beauty in the deep ocean that some people don't get to see.

Jack Fish

------------------------------------------------

This is a reflection of how, just like the sands, people's lives are shaped by things around us.

Sand Language

------------------------------------------------

This image reminds me that we're never alone, that nothing is impossible and that with unity and courage, we can achieve anything we want.

Team Work

* * * * * * *

Interview/editing by Nanayof2 and pinoyphotog.
.

No comments: