Monday, October 6, 2008

Mga Kabayan, Meet Ron Miguel (aka Kamoteus), Our Winner For Contest #34

The Winning Photo

"Philippine Jeepney"

Philippine Jeepney

This image was taken in Alaminos, Pangasinan, on our way to Hundred Islands National Park last October 2007. My Dad was driving and I was on the passenger side when I took this shot. Our good friend, Mr. Antonio Genovia, asked me if he can post-processed this image, and he made this photo a winner after doing his magic. Compliments goes to Antonio Genovia .... Thank You Sir!

EXIF DATA: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT, 1/320s, f/4.5, 56 mm, ISO 400

Ron Miguel aka Kamoteus

it's me kamoteus... Ron Miguel by my better half ;-)

I'm Ron Miguel, born and raised in Pamapanga. I am a registered nurse, not just in the Philippines, but also in England and in the US. I migrated in the US of A on 2003 because of better job opportunities and am currently residing in North Carolina. On flickr, I am known as Kamoteus, a name I got from kamote, which means sweet potato in English.

Photography is a hobby I picked up in 2005 when I bought my first DSLR, a Rebel XT year 2005. Just recently, this May, I upgraded to Rebel XTi. Basically all my gears are Canon except for my 300mm Lens which is Sigma.Jose Romelo Lagman is the main influence in pursuing my passion in Photography.

Personally, I really want to learn Sports Photography. But, since photography is not really my profession, I take the opportunity to photograph just about anything. Photography is both fun and challenging. In flickr, I was struck by the one particular flickr mail sent by someone from the group called "The Jurors," where my photostream was cited for its potential, palette of colors and diversity of composition, So, with your help my Kababayan, I hope to able to gain the respect of my fellow photographers in this community.

Five years from now I hope I would already have my first exhibit. I also would like to to start or join some projects for Street Children most especially in our country, the Philippines.

These are my 3 favorite photographs:

Amazing Rays of Sunset
This is my first manual shot and it is taken in New Bern, North Carolina. Never in my life have I thought that I can take such a beautiful sunset. There is no post processing made on this image.

adorable nina...
The photo expresses my love for children.

bokehlicious butterflies... HBW to all!
This one captures my love for nature.

No comments: