Saturday, August 16, 2008

Meet our 3rd 2-time winner, Atty Edwin Calica Cacayorin, Jr for the weekly contest #27

Big props to our third 2-time winner in the Kabayan weekly contest. Eagles prove to be a charm to Atty. Edwin Calica Cacayorin, Jr., aka as i_am_bishop as a Philippine Eagle photo from him also garnered the top spot in the previous Eyes contest in the first week of July 2008.

As you can check in his previous profile feature, Edwin is our lawyer photohobbyist. He is shown here with his wife in their first wedding anniversary last December 23.

...

Again, here is Edwin, in his own words:
THE WINNING PHOTO

The Philippine eagle featured here is “Geotermica”. It is the same photo used by Insular Life used this photo in its Honors Program/Club poster whom I granted permission for publication.

In shooting “Geotermica”, I used a sigma lens 70-300mm APO DG and a tripod. “How did I shoot the photo?” I just clicked the shutter and let loose 190 shots of 10 mbs. “Techniques?” None, but I am presently studying how to do it manually. Manual mode gives the photographer more control in the lighting, composition and artistic style of your shots. If you also want to learn the manual mode, treat Farl’s photostream as your personal library.


THREE PHOTOS I LOVE

To be exceptional, a photo must draw an emotion from the viewer, whether it is a positive or a negative response. I love photography because it makes the viewer react and decide whether a photo is an art or pretending to be art…

“Wandering about…”
Wandering about...

As much as I love to post-process my shots (it gives me more artistic control), this photo has not been adjusted except for the cropping. I consider this one as one of my best. It is a deliberate shot aimed to capture a slice of realism and present it in a cold satirical perspective; ironically some people find it amusing and cute…

“Life is not a bed of roses…”
Life is not a bed of roses...

As for chance and creativity, this is my best example. It is neither a breathtaking scenery nor a portrait of some celebrity, but, then again, it is interesting to look at…

“Swell”
Swell...

No comments: